Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve 2010

What a lovely day! I woke up with the kids, Augi was eager to see what the elves had done, since they go home with Santa on his sleigh tonight. They left jammies! Then, I went back to sleep and slept until 11 am. That is the first time that has happened in years. The kids watched 3 hours of television, which is more than they typically get in a week. They were like little zombies. Once I creeped out of bed I loaded the kids up and we went to the Abbey Gardens park to feed the ducks. Augi has been asking me why we celebrate Christmas. I give her the Pagan, sort of solstice/bring back the light explanation. We talked about how everything is cold and the animals are hungry and eager for Spring. So, she was really excited to feed the hungry birds. BTW, I am loving my new camera. The colors seem so much better. It is bulky compared to my little point and shoot, but I love it.




Tonight we opened a present, watched Mr. Bean, and left out cookies for Santa. Em had a late nap, so he wasn't in bed until 10. Augi marched up to bed by 730 and complained about having to sit through a story. She wanted to get to sleep because she was so excited! Whenever we get the camera out, Em turns his head and Augi poses. We have to do acrobatics to get Em to look at the camera.





 Little Nooshy. She is old and grey, but still just as sweet. She has been a little more spunky the last few days. Maybe she is trying to be good before Santa gets here!
I hope you all have a nice Christmas!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Merry Christmas!!

Munchy's Mama said...

So cute. Looks like lots of fun. Love the new camera, the pics are amazing.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year!

Love you guys!