Augi has had this Gotz doll for a few years. She saved her own money at 3 or 4 years old and paid $30 at Tuesday Morning to get her. She wanted an American Girl, but it would have taken her forever to save $100. Well, this doll's hair has seen better days. It was curly, so it is now a big frizzy mess. I was investigating how to get the knots out, as well as considering getting her an actual American Girl (although she does have one real one we bought for $3 at a boot sale...) for Christmas. During my investigations I discovered that it is quite easy and very inexpensive to just change their hair!! So, for $10 I have one freshly made up doll. Augi wanted blonde, and she got it!
Augi calls her Mirabelle. Here she is BEFORE. Notice the wild hair. Seriously. It was embarrassing to even take her out. We had already cut 1/2 of it off in an attempt to improve it. She is even trying to show her unders to distract you from her head. Stupid.
Although I think she can pull off this short buzz-cut, it was a little creepy.
Here is the mass of hair. I used Chris' clippers. Hahahaa! Just kidding. They are Nanny's.
And here is the fabulous new blond look! $90 cheaper than a new doll and it took about 10 minutes.Not only that, we aren't adding another plastic doll to the landfill. The glue should be dry by the time Augi gets home. She can brush and style to her hearts content.
Aaaaahhhhh. Now to enjoy my moment of silence. I think I'll find another craft project...




3 comments:
seriously... you are a brain-i-ack!!! that is the smartest thing i've ever seen done to a dolls hair. libby's got a scary do goin on with one of her dolls. maybe i'll pull out troys old clippers and do the same. hahaha. xoxo s.
I like how she has a much more confidant pose with her new do goin on!
Fantastic! Want to open a shop and fix a few dolls hair from our house too?
Post a Comment