Setting: Em is in the living room doing some stamp art. Augi and I are in the kitchen working on homework. Chris is on the computer in his "office." Em enters the kitchen.
Em: Mommy, I need help taking off my socks. They have ink on them.
I look at his black socks. They are soggy purple.
Me: What are you...
I notice the trail of purple footprints on the tile. Oh. My. Hell. I run to the living room. Yep. Footprints EVERYWHERE. Purple freaking ink prints. I threw Em in the shower, Chris and I started cleaning, then I remembered to get the camera...(hence, it doesn't look nearly as bad as it was...)
We managed to get most of them out. So, here goes my conversation with Em afterwards...
Me: I am very disappointed in you. There are lots of consequences for this. Your stamps are in indefinite time out.
Em: I am ok with that.
Me: You have to stay in your room until bedtime tonight.
Em: I am ok with that. You should take away a point, too. (the kids get paid for their points)
Me: OK. I will remove a point. The last thing is that you may not play on the computer tomorrow.
Em: I am ok with that. What about tv? I shouldn't get tv either.
Me: OK. No tv either.
Em: I am ok with that.
It was hard to be mad at him. He really was trying to help me decide on a good punishment. Stinker.
2 comments:
Oh. me. oh. my.
At least he's super-cute about it.
Would you mind if I bounced some of the punishments for my kids off him first? Sounds like he's got a pretty good handle on that, LOL.
oh that is terrible. oh. my. hell. is right. sounds like you both got things worked out and he knew he'd done wrong. oh. my. good one em!
Post a Comment