Friday, April 27, 2012

Last Stop, Civitavecchia

Sit down for this. You will not see Chris in this post. Why? HE WENT TO ROME BY HIMSELF!!!! OK, not totally alone. He went on an excursion and was dropped off in the city, but still. It was a huge step for him. I am not fond of Rome, especially with two children. So, we stayed back for a lazy day at the port. The beach was absolutely filthy. We found a very small clean bit and the kids played. Unfortunately, it was Augi's turn for the tummy bug. She was tired and grumpy, but happy to be near the sea. I just relaxed and enjoyed the kids.
There isn't much to say about Civitavecchia. The Costa Concordia disaster occurred just outside this port, but luckily it was far enough away that we didn't see it.

 

 Remember, Augi wasn't feeling well. This was her best attempt at looking like she is having fun.



See the couple on the right of the photo in the distance? Well, they were probably in their 60s and totally making out the entire time we were on the beach. Chris would have been so disgusted with me because I stared at them the whole time!



It was a lovely, relaxing day. Chris had a great time, too!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I saw that statue with your mom in San Diego when I was there visiting her. I love Chrs's Hawian shorts.

Munchy's Mama said...

Augi's 'well' face is priceless, LOL.