I feel like I have been preparing myself for this anniversary again for months. What will I do? Who do I want to be with? Should I just carry on and work and pretend like it is any other day? In the end, I decided to at least take the day off work.
I am glad I did. I need to let my grief have a little attention! My plan? Head to the beach alone, meditate, write, walk.
The actual event? I said goodbye to Augi as she went on her first overnight school trip, dropped Em at school, and headed to Rendlesham forest with Chris and Phiz...and added a pit stop at Orford Ness and Aldeburgh beach.
Here are the lyrics to the first song I heard on the radio this morning.
The words are perfect for describing the feelings I had today.
The words are perfect for describing the feelings I had today.
Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you’re missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go
Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day you'll make a dream last
But dreams come slow and they go so fast
You see her when you close your eyes
Maybe one day you'll understand why
Everything you touch surely dies
But you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
Staring at the ceiling in the dark
Same old empty feeling in your heart
'Cause love comes slow and it goes so fast
Well you see her when you fall asleep
But never to touch and never to keep
'Cause you loved her too much
And you dived too deep
Well you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missin' home
Only know you love her when you let her go
I hate to admit it, but I was really terrible to my mother. I was always grumpy and mean to her. I was hurt and it was easier to be angry. Now that she's gone, I would take it all back in a second to have her back. I would let her be herself. I would tell her I love her. I would enjoy her laugh. Maybe if I did all that she would have gotten what she spent her whole life trying to do. Belong.
Either way, this view is unarguably beautiful and calm.
I like to think this is what it looks like where ever my mom is.
Peaceful.
4 comments:
I wish I could make it all better for you. Your mom knows you love her and your little family brought her so much joy.
Love and miss you!
-Colton
i love love you jessi... i love the words to that song. it's perfect. its hard to let go. you are honoring your mom in so many ways. especially in the wonderful mother that you are. she was and is so proud of you. i'm sending you a little hug. not a long one. just a short quick one. (unless you want a long one... lol) glad you took some time for yourself... and chris... and phiz.
One of the first times I met your mom, I heard her laugh from behind me. I quickly turned, thinking it was you. I smiled, and explained that I thought for sure it was you. To me, your laughs were identical. I also commented on how much you two resembled each other. She smiled a big proud, motherly smile and said, "Good. That's a great compliment because Jessi is one of my favorite people."
Every time you laugh--she's with you. :)
Post a Comment