Sunday, July 25, 2010

Leipzig

OK, so it hasn't been quite one month since we went to Germany. I have been so busy that I haven't had a minute to sort through the 1000 pictures we took. Chris likes to be sure he doesn't miss anything! We went to Leipzig so I could go to a conference that I have wanted to attend for about 10 years. It is always in Europe, so I haven't been able to go. But, guess what?! This year I could go! Leipzig is a really cool city. It is in Eastern Germany, so it was formerly communist. Now it is a booming touristy city. In the center they had fountains where the kids could get into their birthday suits and play. It was really really hot, and these fountains saved us from 2 miserable kids! It was Em's favorite part of the entire city.
Augi and I are standing in front of a little restaurant where Goethe used to hang...and he wrote Faust there!Yup...These are Em's buns hanging out in public.
Our hotel was right next to the Leipzig Zoo...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the only picture of Em you posted from Leipzig shows his butt, but not his face...

-A Concerned Citizen

Anonymous said...

You and Anne Geddes should be in jail!


Another Concerned Citizen

sarah baldwin said...

who is this concerned citizen? buzz off i say...

thanks for all the picts!! i love germany. i'm glad you got to go to the conference and have a getaway.

:) sarah & co.

Heather said...

Love the bathing in public fountains, so european, lol!
-h