Long, long, ago I lived in Vienna. It seems like a lifetime ago. While I was there I made a wonderful friend, Janet. I called her Janet Shmanet and she has become known to me as only Shmanet now. That is how Chris knows her. We had a lot of fun times together. Eventually, she moved back to England and I moved back to the States. Well, here we are--with kids about the same age and we live just a few hours drive from each other. After a year, we finally got together! We had a really nice time in Oxford with Janet and her beautiful family. We will not go another 10 years before seeing each other again!!!
We stayed the night, so on Sunday we explored a little more. We went to Oxford Castle and it was spectacular to see. Not because the castle itself was so great, but because it was used as a prison until the late 90's! It was amazing to see how crowded and poor the conditions were up until it closed.
One of my favorite tourist shops in the whole world!
Augi and Em could've spent the entire day at the Natural History Museum.
2 comments:
What cool stuff but even better you hanging with old friends!
i love it all!!! as usual... i especially love the self portraits of chris. hahaha.
what a fun little getaway for your fam!!
xoxo s.
Post a Comment