You had to know this post was coming. I have officially gotten into a pattern. Around the end of April I start to lose my mind. I get grumpy. emotional. distracted. headaches.
After about a week, I realize what it is, and what it isn’t.
It isn’t:
- My children turning into brats.
- My husband neglecting me.
- Allergies.
- Too much work.
- The weather.
It is:
Reliving the feelings last few weeks of my mother’s life. i.e. Grieving.
I will admit…just because I know what it is, that doesn’t mean that I handle it any better. I like to mark the day by planning something to do to remember her. I took a few hours to be alone. I looked at pictures and looked through the little box of her belongings that I still have. I cried in the grocery store and the nice checker guy looked at me like I was on drugs. My sweet friend gave me some wildflower seeds to plant. Absolutely perfect. Then, it was time to get the kids and my grieving space was over. That’s it for this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment