Sunday, May 24, 2015

You Say it’s Your Birthday?!

Arghgh! He is 7! Em is an awesome kid. He wanted a low-key birthday party. That’s all he ever wants. He finally agreed to a small family event to celebrate his day, followed by playing at a playground with his bestie E. and having a total junk food dinner at Arctic Circle. Easy peasy!

I’m really not sure anyone else needed to be at this party…these two entered their own world and didn’t emerge until cake time.

DSCN1266DSCN1267DSCN1268DSCN1271

Augi, in costume, always good for planning party entertainment.

DSCN1278

Emmett’s biggest fan…DSCN1282

And this guy…DSCN1284

I surprised Em with a little skipping school and breakfast out on his birthday morning.

IMG_20150511_082440IMG_20150511_082948

After getting dropped off at school, Em crashed into a friend and was covered in mud. I brought him clothes, but we decided the best plan was to check him out of school early. We ran errands, then came back to share a treat (donuts!) and his favorite book (How to make a Shrunken Head) with his class. No, it isn’t actually 1st grade appropriate.

School was then officially over. We headed to the playground for several hours of hiding, teasing, pretending, and running. And left over donuts. Like 2 each.

IMG_20150511_151540

Dinner was at his all time favorite fast food joint. Funny, I loved this place when I was a kid too. My mom even worked there briefly!!!!

IMG_20150511_171833IMG_20150511_171842IMG_20150511_171857

The boys started to get really punchy. I knew the party needed to end before the giggles turned to sobs. Way too much sugar and fun. It was a great day. Em agreed. That’s all that mattered to me.

Just a little snapshot of Em, fully embracing 7…and finishing up 1st grade. Congrats kid. You are amazing.

DSCN1297DSCN1304

No comments: