Saturday, May 23, 2015

Friends!!!

Do you know how excited I get to have friends visit? Like jump up and down squealy excited. So when I heard that one of Em’s buddies from England was going to be in the area…I jumped up and down and squealed! We didn’t have them for long, just for a day. I thought about where I could take them that would really give them a taste of our land. I considered Gilgal Gardens.

Maybe a bit frightening.

Maybe Temple Square to learn about the Mormons?

"The Book of Mormon" star Mark Evans

No. Even more frightening. They already saw the musical anyway.

Maybe they needed to see the statue of Philo Farnsworth, the Father of TV (aka…the Image Dissector)

Philo and his dissector.

Maybe a little random.

Oh! I had an idea! We should go to this place:

That’s just too embarrassing. Yes, it is actually called “Get Some”

In the end, we decided on Antelope Island. An island. In the middle of the lake. To see….Antelope? No, silly. To see Bison. Duh.

I was really curious to see how Em would react to seeing a friend from England. I was a little afraid he might feel super homesick. It took about a minute to warm up, then the boys ran off as if they were still classmates!

DSCN1066DSCN1067DSCN1069

These boys really didn’t care about the Buffalo. Who cares about a mammoth, wooly creature wandering 20 feet from you when you can dig in the salty-sand with a stick?DSCN1074DSCN1082DSCN1085DSCN1090DSCN1103DSCN1108DSCN1109DSCN1116DSCN1118DSCN1129DSCN1134DSCN1135DSCN1137DSCN1138

We ended the day back at OUR sandbox for dinner and goodbyes. So glad they came to visit. I hope the rest of their US journey was fabulous!DSCN1141

No comments: