Pukiki=Hawaiian word for Portuguese. My kids are just a bit Pukiki..and this WeBLOG is dedicated to them! We hope our friends and family will enjoy reading about Augi, Em, Phiz, and Tiki as we make this life into an adventure.
Thursday, August 16, 2007
Sad News.
I just received word today that Augi's great grandparents have passed away. My grandfather died two days ago and my grandmother passed away in May. It is very sad. I haven't stayed close to my family, so nobody remembered to call in May. It doesn't really make a difference to know now or in May. Either way, I have lots of regrets. I hadn't seen them in three years or so. My grandfather used to call weekly, until last year when he was put in the nursing home with my grandmother. I couldn't go visit them until this summer because Augi couldn't tolerate a long car ride. We planned to go this summer, but never got around to it. In fact, Chris was just thinking about it this morning, trying to come up with a plan. The drive was only 3 1/2 hours, but that seems like forever and becomes 5 hours with a little person. Anyway, I have lots of guilt for not visiting them more often. They were an important part of my life and a big influence on who I am. I am sorry Augi did not get to meet them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm sorry about your grandpa and grandma. are they your mom's parents?
that is sad. :(
Post a Comment