Augi is beginning to have an interest in politics. Our recent conversations have gone a little like this:
Augi: Mom, who is that lady we are going to "boat" for again? (she is referring to a political sign in our front yard).
Me: Carol Peterson.
Augi: Oh. Carol. Mom, what is "boating" again?
Me: You mean "v"oting? That is when we pick people who will make decisions for us. We try to pick the people who agree with us and make the choices we want them to make.
Augi: [Long pause] Mom, I want to make my own decisions.
Today Chris and I were talking about how we had voted early because we are permanent absentee voters, and how convenient it was. Augi piped into the conversation as she just noticed an Obama pin Chris had on his hat: "Daddy, why you have that Barrack Obama sticker on your hat!?" She recognized the logo! Either they are advertising during Curious George, or she is listening to every word we say! Oh, the power of parents. Be careful!
1 comment:
Dont you love absentee voting? I do, lol!
-h
Post a Comment