Friday, August 29, 2008

Tidbits, and bites...

No camera. Chris took it apart. Well, you can see an image for a few seconds then it tells you to shut the camera off and restart. So, I will try to write really descriptive blogs that give you a wonderful visual in your mind. I might go get a cheapy just to be sure I have something to document our lives.
Lots of happenings today. Augi went to Sarah's. She was really excited to go. In fact, she woke up at 5 am and harrassed me until 6. "Mom, open your eyes!" "Mom, turn on the t.v." "Nevermind mom, this show is dumb. Shut off the tv." Then, she went back to sleep. We got up late and raced to Sarah's. She had a great day. I'm not sure what was happening, but when I got there all the kids were chillin' in the shade all in a line. Sarah was hanging out in her flower garden. I know Sarah reads this blog occasionally, but I am not just saying this for her. We are really fortunate to have her in our lives. I feel so happy knowing my children are with her and her kiddos.
However. Libs and Augi had a little scuffle today and Augi lost. Libby used her best weapon: teeth! Augi has been milkin' it for all it is worth. I had to tell everyone, including our music teacher, about the unfortunate incident. I would get on the phone, "Hi, Amy, I had a question about the studio..." "Mom!!!! Tell Amy about my back..." I really felt bad for Augi--I know it hurt. Her feelers were hurt too. But, I couldn't help but smile when she wasn't looking. Libby is so little and she has a sweet little smile. A devious little smile. She is like a little pixie with a big bite! She was not about to say she was sorry. I have mixed feelings about making children say they are sorry. I want to teach Augi to actually feel remorse, not just say it. I know what she is thinking is, "No way, I'm not freakin' sorry." But, "sorry" can make so many things feel so much better. Anyway, I will be happy when the pain is gone and I don't have to tell anyone else about it.
While Augi was at Sarah's, Em and I washed and waxed Daddy's car. Afterwards, we laid on the bed and talked. His favorite words are "gggggllllaa" and "oooooooo". He tells me about his day with such a serious look on his face. He belly-laughs when I tickle his back. I can't believe I only have 2 months left before going back to work. I am working now, but only about 12 hours a week. It is perfect. Going back to the district is not on the top of my fun list.
Now for random bits from our lives:
  • Augi has a renewed interest in the word "Damnit." She uses it all the time and looks at me with a coy smile. Little brat. Damn cars. Damn toys. Damn wall. Etc.
  • At night, we read books to Augi. When we are done, she often wants us to tell her a story. She asks us, "Please tell me a story out of your mouth." It is so funny. She also asks us to tell her about her "Fun, fun day." It reminds me of the last chapter of the Little Bear story, and that was one of my favs as a child.
  • Chris and I have an ongoing disagreement about Chelsie Clinton. I think she is really sort of cutish. He thinks she is "Butt-ugly." Hmpf.
  • Chris is getting faster and stronger. He is running all the time and eating healthy. I am proud of him. As for me, I don't know if I will ever run again. My joints are too old. And, I love cookies.
  • I had a panic attack tonight. For anyone who has ever had one, you will understand how horrible they are. I don't get them often anymore, thank goodness. It is really only 15-20 minutes, but it feels like a lifetime. It's like having someone tell you everyone you love is about to die. Then, 15 minutes later, it was just a nightmare. Afterwards, I am physically exhausted. Hence my rambling blog tonight.
  • My private practice is picking up. I have two regular clients and I am super busy doing consulting for the Neonatal program.
  • Yipee on Obama's selection for VP. I'm not so sure about McCain's choice. She's awfully cute. Chris told me Nader has selected Tinkerbell as his running mate. Whatever. Nader plays an important role in our political system. However, in the current election I am all for Obama.

So, life is good, despite the panic attack. My children are wonderful. Bush will not be in office much longer. Time really does fly.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Kids and scares. Thais still shows people the scratch on her knee from Niagara Falls like 2 months ago. Glad the rest of the day went well though.
-h

sarah baldwin said...

jesse... you are too funny. augi and the bite. i truly am sorry. i don't know where she gets that biting. i bite troy but that's only when we are alone. hehe. can't wait to see you guys. we went camping in the rain and it was not as much fun as it should have been. we love you guys too and i could not even imagine my lite without your two sweet kids... and you and christian of course. xoxo see you thursday!