Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween and some adventures

Whew, the week went out with a bang. Yesterday we took the train into the big city to visit the library with the B family. I learned Sarah's maiden last name and I am still giggling to myself. We treated ourselves to a burger and rootbeer at Hires. We totally lucked out at the library--our favorite little Abbie friend was not only working at the city branch--we were just in time for Book Babies.




Today was full of Halloweenie fun. We started out with a party at Sarah's for the bigger kids, but Em and I stayed. Hopefully we'll get a few pics from Sarah, b'cuz I forgot to bring my camera. Then, we saw Grandma Meme at Wendy's, drove way down South to visit Tammy and Bruce, then back to Meme's place for trick or treating. I tried to arrange a few activities for the kids. Augi and Kaedyn were great during the story, but I couldn't get the grown ups to behave so the little kids could pay attention. So, my activities were a flop. Anyway, Augi was absolutely giddy to trick or treat. She is very proud of her loaded pumpkin pail. So, Grandpa Albert is in town and we will go to breakfast with him and Gma V tomorrow, then I need to clean up the house and try to get mentally prepped for next week. 30 hours from these kids is not going to be easy for me. There might be a few tears. Or a river.

2 comments:

Heather said...

OMG how cute is he? Happy Halloween. have fun with grandma and grandpa!
-h

abbie said...

awwwww, a photo of me!!!

i'm so sorry it took me SO LONG to see this post. i will try to be a better blog-reader.

i was happy to have you guys come to Book Babies!

i do it almost every Tuesday and Thursday at my library branch.

xoxoxo

ps didn't you love the easily-chewable ice at Hires? Mmmmmm...i need to go there and get a veggie burger sometime. yum!